The Google-CAHSI Dissertation Award provides financial support to qualified Hispanic doctoral students at CAHSI institutions to complete the last year of their studies. Preference will be given to students with plans to enter academia.
An Awardee must:
- Submit semester-end report on progress toward achieving milestones.
- Participate in CAHSI professional development activities that contribute to success in the
- Hispanic doctoral student
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Enrollment in a CS PhD program at a CAHSI institution and within one year of degree completion
- Interest in an academic career
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- References (two-one of which is your dissertation advisor): name, title, and contact information
- Two-page essay* describing the factors or experiences on your path to the professoriate that challenged you, career aspirations, an outline of your five-year goals, and timeline for degree completion.
- Research and Teaching Statements. One page each*
*Format guidelines: 11-point font, Arial, 1.5 spacing. All submitted documents must have PDF format.
You can find guidelines for research and teaching statements here.