Ways to Partner with CAHSI
Our alliance spans across four regions in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. There are a number of ways to partner with CAHSI including at the national level, regional level, or institutional level. CAHSI leadership is geographically distributed throughout our alliance. To find out ways to partner at the regional or institutional level, contact our faculty leads or co-leads. For inquires on partnerships at the national level, contact the Director or Deputy Director at our national Backbone office. A sampling of the current national CAHSI initiatives is provided below.
- We engage student as learners and leaders. Some of our key student programs include the CAHSI Advocates Program and the CAHSI Student Scholars Program.
- We have targeted program for Latin@s in computing to address the low representation of Latinas and marginalized genders in computing fields.
- We provide structured research opportunities for students who work with CAHSI faculty through our Virtual and Local REU Programs.
- CAHSI coordinates a number of technical and professional development sessions (e.g. hackathon, machine learning, data analytics, and networking lunch with industry reps) at the annual Great Minds in STEM (GMiS) conference.
We invite you to join CAHSI in its efforts to recruit, retain, and advance Hispanics in computing through the following ways:
- Sponsor student scholarships and travel awards
- Sponsor CAHSI Student Scholars
- Sponsor CAHSI Advocates
- Invite Hispanic students to join the CAHSI Doctoral Scholars Network
- Sponsor CAHSI sessions at the annual GMiS conference
- Become a mentor or sponsor for CAHSI students
- Provide or co-sponsor professional development workshops for CAHSI students and/or faculty
- Serve as a speaker in CAHSI-organized events
- Become a faculty mentor and/or sponsor undergraduate research experiences
- Adopt CAHSI Signature Practices
- Collaborate on research projects with CAHSI researchers
- Connect industry ERGs focused on Hispanics with CAHSI
CAHSI’s success is built upon collaborations with stakeholders whose agenda aligns with ours and who adopt an asset-based mindset.