Programming Online Learning Resources
MIT’s Open Courseware offers a wide variety of courses from Introductory to Advanced topics in Computer Science. Resources offered by MIT’s Open Courseware include online textbooks, lectures, tests, examples, assignments and projects – all from actual MIT courses.
Coursera offers over 200 courses from 33 universities which are accesible for free. Additionally, students have the option to pay a certain fee to receive verified certificates, appropriate for employment purposes. Coursera is the Stanford learning startup that basically lets you take a full university course online taught by a real professor at one of the world’s best schools for free.
Udacity offers education that is not only accessible and affordable, but also engaging and highly effective in higher education. Each course is carefully designed to be more active rather than monotonous, with the purpose to empower students to succeed.
- Institute for Broadening Participation: Graduate Programs in STEM
- Institute for Broadening Participation: Postdoc Positions Search Tool
- Advice on Research and Writing
- How To Write A Dissertation
- How to Write a PhD Thesis
- Writing and Presenting Your Thesis or Dissertation
- Your Dissertation
- Some Advice on Writing a Technical Report
- So long, and thanks for the Ph.D.!
- ACM Crossroads
- Graduate Degree Advantage