Opportunities and Events
- This event has passed.
PerCom 2021 NSF Participation grants for US-based students – Due: 22 February 2021
February 26 @ 8:00 am UTC-7
The 19th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2021, www.percom.org) is pleased to announce participation grants for US based students to attend the conference and co-located events (Workshops, Ph.D. Forum, WiP, Industry Track, Demo sessions, etc.) to be held virtually in Kassel, Germany, on 22-26 March 2021. Funds for this participation support, which reimburses the conference registration fee, have been provided by the US National Science Foundation (NSF). This funding is available only to full time students attending colleges and universities in the US. Underrepresented minority and women students from diverse US institutions are particularly encouraged to apply. Although student authors may be given priority for participation awards, exceptional undergraduate research students (e.g., NSF REU students), MS research students, PhD and beginning post-doctoral researchers may also be considered even though they may not be authors of accepted papers. To be eligible, US based students (referred to as “you”) must apply via EDAS no later than Monday, February 22, 2021.
To apply for travel support, please do the following:
1. Obtain a letter from your advisor/professor confirming that:
– You are currently a full-time research student in good standing and working in areas related to pervasive computing,
– You will be attending the entire IEEE PerCom conference and associated events.
2. Write a personal statement describing your research interests and accomplishments to date, how you wish to benefit from attending PerCom 2021. Indicate your full-time student status (B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or postdoc).
3. Upload the above documents, along with your two-page CV, on EDAS as part of the “PerCom 2021 NSF supported participation grant for US based students”.
This participation grant reimburses advance PerCom registrations. Student participation grants are available in the form of reimbursements that are sent only after the completion of the conference and receipt of all required documents and receipts. Several grants will be awarded with the value equivalent to the PerCom early student registration fee.
For any questions, please contact the PerCom NSF Travel Award Chair, Sajal K. Das at firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 22, 2021: Complete Application Deadline (via EDAS)
February 26, 2021: Award Decisions Made
March 22-26, 2021: IEEE PerCom Conference and Affiliated Events