Opportunities and Events
Mobile Engineering Intern
December 10, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm UTC-7
About the Role:
Be part of the mobile revolution. The hottest and most relevant space in technology today! The Norton team is looking for talented, driven & creative individuals to work on the next generation of industry leading products, technologies and services. The post-PC era is here and the new battleground is your mobile device. Protect yourself and loved ones who want to work and play in a connected Mobile world.
Work alongside highly skilled and experienced engineers to tackle some of the most challenging problems. Research and suggest implementation of new technologies. Work with a cross functional and international team in a collaborative environment. If there is no App for that, help Norton be the first to deliver it to the world. If there is, make sure the best one on the market comes from Norton. We’re hiring mobile developers to help us fulfill our mission.
Our mission is to protect our customers’ information, identities, devices, homes, and families with Norton and LifeLock technology solutions. Every day we protect more than 50 million consumers and small businesses in over 60 countries around the globe. Norton’s broad array of industry-leading, award-winning technologies include device protection for PC, Mac and mobile (iOS and Android), secure backup, password management, and parental controls. Norton recently developed a new set of innovative technologies to protect internet connected devices and families in the home (IoT). Norton and LifeLock have also joined forces to provide the broadest set of digital safety solutions by leveraging LifeLock’s comprehensive Identity Protection Services.
- As an engineering intern, you will be part of a team that creates popular market-leading mobile security products.
- Participate in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
- Deliver incremental working software and test automation with each sprint.
- Quickly and efficiently design, implement, and test great, high quality mobile software.
- Exercise good judgment in developing software and test automation.
- Participate in peer code / design / test reviews and be receptive to fellow experts helping you improve your craft.
- Good debugging and problem solving both individually and in a team.
- Use static analysis and code coverage to improve quality.
- Participate in team discussion on continual improvement.
- Present/demo completed work in agile meetings in a clear and concise manner.
- Pursuing a BS / MS Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Competencies in algorithms, software design, data structures, client/server design.
- Possess good problem-solving skills to be able to isolate issues in complex environments, especially in mobile technology.
- Take ownership and have pride in doing things with quality and excellence.
- Motivated by working in a fast paced and technically challenging environment.
- Be a fast learner and self-starter with intellectual horsepower.
- Driven by doing work that matters. You will make the world more secure.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of mobile application development and testing (Android or iOS) is a plus
- Having published their own apps for iOS or Android.
- Automation skill desired.
- Generalist Engineer with ability to work outside your comfort zone
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experienced in designing scalable UI frameworks
- Familiarity/Expertise with Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- NortonLifeLock Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.