Opportunities and Events
L’Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship Login
January 4 @ 8:00 am - January 29 @ 5:00 pm UTC-7
Completed applications are due no later than January 29, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET.
Award will be announced November 2021.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
For more information about the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science program, please click here.
To view a PDF of the frequently asked questions regarding the program, please click here.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must have a conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position by January 30, 2021
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher throughout the fellowship year
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics
- Cannot be in a faculty position
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events)
- Must be available the week of November 15, 2021 for the For Women in Science Awards Week
The Selection Process
To ensure that the candidates who are selected represent scientific excellence, the program utilizes a two-phased application review process.
In the first round, applications are evaluated by experienced scientists in the candidates’ respective fields. In the second round, a distinguished Jury of eminent scientists evaluates the top-ranked candidates and selects the five winners.