The Google-CAHSI Dissertation Award provides financial support to qualified Hispanic doctoral students at CAHSI institutions to complete the last year of their studies with plans to enter academia.
Due Date: May 30, 2020
An Awardee must:
- Commit to enter the professoriate.
- Submit semester-end report on progress toward achieving milestones.
- Participate in CAHSI professional development activities that contribute to success in the
- Hispanic citizens or permanent residents
- Enrollment in a CS PhD program at a CAHSI institution and within one year of degree completion
- Interest in an academic career
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- References (two): name, title, and contact information (one must be your advisor)
- Two-page essay* describing the factors or experiences on your path to the professoriate that challenged you, career aspirations, an outline ofyour five-year goals, and timeline for degree completion.
- Research and Teaching Statements. One page each*
*Format guidelines: 11-point font, Arial, 1.5 spacing. All submitted documents must have PDF format
You can find guidelines for research and teaching statements here